You feel the attacks of discouragement, of the enemy trying to bring strife into your lives. Do not let strife take root, My children, or you will lose much time in trying to remove it.
The enemy seeks to turn your lives into chaos in this time. He seeks to steal your peace and your joy and make you ineffective in Kingdom work by the inner turmoil strife and chaos bring.
I desire you would fix your minds on Me and resist his attempts to take these gifts from you. It is My desire you would walk in peace, that you would have joy every day of your lives, that your joy would witness to others of what I offer them. The enemy desires this would not be so.
Stand against these attacks, My children. Refuse strife and cast down thoughts of discouragement. Remember I am with you and set your mind on Me, that you may have joy and peace forevermore.1 Peter 5:8-10
- 8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
- 9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
- 10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.
- 14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
1 Samuel 30:5-8
- 5 And David's two wives were taken captives, Ahinoam the Jezreelitess, and Abigail the wife of Nabal the Carmelite.
- 6 And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the Lord his God.
- 7 And David said to Abiathar the priest, Ahimelech's son, I pray thee, bring me hither the ephod. And Abiathar brought thither the ephod to David.
- 8 And David enquired at the Lord, saying, Shall I pursue after this troop? shall I overtake them? And he answered him, Pursue: for thou shalt surely overtake them, and without fail recover all.
- 10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
- 9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
- 10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
- 11 For there is no respect of persons with God.
- 22 Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.
- 16 But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil.