They have neither thanked Me, nor given Me the credit due Me for these great blessings, but have credited their own wisdom, and their own hands.
I will now show them I am the Lord, and beside Me there is no other. This is My time of reckoning for them.
· 9 The shew of their countenance doth witness against them; and they declare their sin as Sodom, they hide it not. Woe unto their soul! for they have rewarded evil unto themselves.
· 10 Say ye to the righteous, that it shall be well with him: for they shall eat the fruit of their doings.
· 11 Woe unto the wicked! it shall be ill with him: for the reward of his hands shall be given him.
· 1 A false balance is abomination to the Lord: but a just weight is his delight.
· 2 When pride cometh, then cometh shame: but with the lowly is wisdom.
· 3 The integrity of the upright shall guide them: but the perverseness of transgressors shall destroy them.
· 4 Riches profit not in the day of wrath: but righteousness delivereth from death.
· 5 The righteousness of the perfect shall direct his way: but the wicked shall fall by his own wickedness.
· 6 The righteousness of the upright shall deliver them: but transgressors shall be taken in their own naughtiness.