As you draw close to Me, you become more and more a new creature. Worldly things that once thrilled you will no longer appeal to you. More and more, you will be drawn to truth and what is spiritually correct.
When you live by your flesh, you will stay entangled in the world. You will struggle to hear Me and be drawn to those things you ought not to do.
When you live by My Spirit, you will be drawn to the things of Me and My Spirit. Your spirit grows stronger and filled with more of My light. You will long to live in the quiet of My Peace. The world is no longer able to fulfill you in your transformed state, and you long for more of Me.
When you live by your flesh, your flesh grows stronger and you will struggle to free yourself of its hold on you. You will struggle to get free of sin. When you live by My Spirit, sin cannot hold you. Your struggles are little and My burden is light upon you.
Do you not wish to live free of worldly struggles? Do you not want to be free of sin and the enemy’s hold on you? If you will only walk by My Spirit, you can be free.
I am telling you how to walk in My Spirit and be free, but you must choose. Choose wisely. Choose My Way over the enemy’s and be free.
- 16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
- 17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
- 18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
- 19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
- 20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
- 21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
- 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
- 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
- 24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
- 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
- 28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
- 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
- 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.