I have told you in My Word to show respect where respect is due and do not act unseemly, for an unbelieving world is watching you. Let not the ministry I have for you be blamed with your wrong behavior.
These things are necessary that you may do this work for Me in this time. Those not willing to lay down their fleshly desires shall not be used of Me at all.
Hear My instructions and obey.
- 15 Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honor the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbor.
- 1 My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons.
- 2 For if there come unto your assembly a man with a gold ring, in goodly apparel, and there come in also a poor man in vile raiment;
- 3 And ye have respect to him that weareth the gay clothing, and say unto him, Sit thou here in a good place; and say to the poor, Stand thou there, or sit here under my footstool:
- 4 Are ye not then partial in yourselves, and are become judges of evil thoughts?
- 5 Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?
- 6 But ye have despised the poor. Do not rich men oppress you, and draw you before the judgment seats?
2 Corinthians 6:1-7
- 1 We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain.
- 2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)
- 3 Giving no offence in any thing, that the ministry be not blamed:
- 4 But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses,
- 5 In stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labours, in watchings, in fastings;
- 6 By pureness, by knowledge, by long suffering, by kindness, by the Holy Ghost, by love unfeigned,
- 7 By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left,