Sunday, May 14, 2017

Worldly Pursuits


   The world holds many attractions and interesting experiences, My children, but I desire you would not choose the world over Me.
   Choosing anything over Me is idolatry. Idolatry will bring destruction into your life, just as it also brought destruction into Israel as Moses led them through the desert all those many years ago.
   So many put off serving Me until it is too late. They do not realize these distractions are weapons Satan devises to keep them from the blessings they could otherwise enjoy.
   If you will keep Me first as you should, you will walk in all the blessings I have for you. You will walk with My guidance, and avoid pitfalls. You will walk in my abundance, and avoid lack. You will walk in much love, and avoid despair.
   I am everything you need and I will guide and provide for you, but I will not share My throne, for I am a jealous God. I long for all of your heart, not what is left over after you give your time to worldly pursuits and pleasures.
Mark 12:30
30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

Ezekiel 20:7-16
Then said I unto them, Cast ye away every man the abominations of his eyes, and defile not yourselves with the idols of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.
But they rebelled against me, and would not hearken unto me: they did not every man cast away the abominations of their eyes, neither did they forsake the idols of Egypt: then I said, I will pour out my fury upon them, to accomplish my anger against them in the midst of the land of Egypt.
But I wrought for my name's sake, that it should not be polluted before the heathen, among whom they were, in whose sight I made myself known unto them, in bringing them forth out of the land of Egypt.
10 Wherefore I caused them to go forth out of the land of Egypt, and brought them into the wilderness.
11 And I gave them my statutes, and shewed them my judgments, which if a man do, he shall even live in them.
12 Moreover also I gave them my sabbaths, to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the Lord that sanctify them.
13 But the house of Israel rebelled against me in the wilderness: they walked not in my statutes, and they despised my judgments, which if a man do, he shall even live in them; and my sabbaths they greatly polluted: then I said, I would pour out my fury upon them in the wilderness, to consume them.
14 But I wrought for my name's sake, that it should not be polluted before the heathen, in whose sight I brought them out.
15 Yet also I lifted up my hand unto them in the wilderness, that I would not bring them into the land which I had given them, flowing with milk and honey, which is the glory of all lands;
16 Because they despised my judgments, and walked not in my statutes, but polluted my sabbaths: for their heart went after their idols.

No comments:

Post a Comment