Sunday, August 5, 2018

Prayer for Wayward Children


The Lord gave me a prayer this morning for parents to pray over their wayward children. It is especially powerful for praying over children who are in or who are attracted to the drugs & gang lifestyles.

Please share this prayer with as many other parents as you can. The Lord spoke this morning that Satan is after our children more now than ever before.

The text of the prayer is shown below and also posted in the prayers tab on the JPH site. At the end of the prayer is a recording of me praying the prayer:



Prayer for a Wayward Child

Lord God in heaven, I praise Your Holy Name. I know in so many things, Lord, You are my only hope. You are bigger than any problem, You are greater than any enemy. I know You delight in showing Yourself mighty on my behalf.

Lord, You see the situation with this wayward child. I have prayed and he/she is still going down the wrong path, Lord, but I know You are more than able, Lord, to set my child right. I know You want to set him/her set right even more than I do! I know You love him/her even more than I do, Lord, so I bring this situation to You. Lord, I’m going to take my hands off of this and watch You work. I’m expecting a miracle, Lord!

Lord, I know satan is trying to put my child in the pigpen, but I declare he will NOT GET MY CHILD! I know now he will have to fight YOU to do that, Lord, because I am giving this child to You and I know You will do whatever is necessary to save my child, Lord.

Lord, I ask you to rope my child into the sheep fold of Your people. I ask You, Lord, to do whatever is necessary to get my child saved, Lord – Save him/her from his/her habits and addictions, Lord – You are greater than ANY addiction, God, and I know ONE TOUCH from You and that addiction is NO MORE. I know You know what it will take to reach my child’s heart. Lord, even if You have to break their legs and wrap them around Your neck and carry them close to You as they heal to get them saved, do it Lord! Do it so they will go to heaven and not hell. Do it so they won’t become another statistic of the gang life, another statistic of the overdoses in the newspaper, Lord. NO!! My child shall live and NOT DIE in the mighty Name of Jesus!!! I know You won’t let satan have his way with him/her, Lord! Because I will not cease to pray, Lord, and I will not let you go until You bless my child!

Make my child fall in love with You and Your Word, increase them in the knowledge of You as You cover them with Your feathers, strengthen them against tragedies and lack, bond them to your Word. Teach him/her wisdom, Lord! Shower him/her in love and mercy, be his/her shield and buckler, Lord! Show him/her whatever he/she needs to see to cling to You and come out of his/her habits, addictions and the world’s ways, Lord.

I know You have given my child gifts and talents to use for Your Kingdom, Lord, and I pray You will stir up those gifts and draw my child into Kingdom work – I know he/she will have peace when he/she is fulfilling Your purpose for his/her life.

Lord, Your Word says if I decree a thing, it is established. I decree My child is saved. I decree My child is living a godly life for You. I decree My child is free of all bad habits and addictions. I decree my child is free of that dangerous lifestyle, free of lawlessness, free of any gang affiliations and protected by You, oh Lord, because I know You hear the fervent prayers of praying mamas and righteous men. And I know You answer when we pray in accordance with Your will, so I call it DONE, Lord, in Jesus Name!

Lord, I ask for the grace to keep my hands off of this situation while You work. Thank You, Lord.

Audio Version: The Lord gave me a prayer this morning for parents to pray over their wayward children. It is especially powerful for praying over children who are in or who are attracted to the drugs & gangs lifestyles.

Please share this prayer with as many other parents as you can. The Lord spoke this morning that Satan is after our children more now than ever before.

The text of the prayer is posted in the prayers tab on the JPH site. Here is a recording of me praying the prayer:


Permission to share this prayer, print it and hand it out, or share by any other means is freely given. -GL

No comments:

Post a Comment