Monday, July 18, 2011

I Delight in Your True Worship of Me

The Lord was speaking to me about true worship in my morning prayer time when this message came. 

My people do not enter all the way in to where I am and they walk away dissatisfied - unfulfilled, and thinking I came up short when in reality it is their worship that falls short.

The need to worship Me is a need I placed in My people and the world has nothing that can fill this need. Only My presence fulfills you in this way. I desire My people to draw near to My throne and worship Me, to experience My beauty and feel My holiness, to draw strength from Me. When you draw near to Me in this way, you feel My power and you are less afraid of the enemy. You feel My love for you and you know My protection there.

If My people will do what is right and make time to worship Me, they will not be disappointed with the results. The world will disappoint you, but My love never disappoints. My love is always perfect, always faithful. It is an everlasting love no man or woman can take away from you, My children. I delight in your true worship of Me, My children, even when your attempts are feeble. I will teach you if you will press in to Me. 

Many of you give up too easily on the things of My kingdom when you do not see your desires manifest immediately. You deny yourselves the greater blessing when you do this for My kingdom overflows with mighty blessings for those willing to spend the time to press in and truly seek Me, those who long to see My face, those who long for My voice, My presence. Those who want to draw near to Me to know Me. These are My true children and for them I have showers of blessings waiting to be released.

John 4:23: But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

Psalm 73:28: But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, that I may declare all thy works.

James 4:8: Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Glenda, I listened to your podcast about worship the other evening, and I never was able to tell the difference between worship and praise. I thought I was worshipping the Lord, but now think it may be praise instead? Would love some further insight, thanks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Courtney - I just posted a video on YouTube about that very subject, it has a little more detail in it than the radio broadcast did. You can find a link to my YouTube channel in the sidebar to the right. God bless you! ~ Glynda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Glynda, I was frustrated by praise and worship for a while this year. Tried all the old CDs, got the guitar out, looked for new music, but worship wasn't there. I've heard heavenly singing every once in awhile, but this week durig prayer, its been overflowing; so that during prayer, the worship of heaven has been like a dance, of worship, then prayer and back again. Singing so beautiful!The words of it litterally reveal Jesus, and as He is, NOW!

    We went to church yesterday, and they have put away worship and went back to hymns, as a RULE. ".. and I will cling to the old rugged cross.. and exchange it someday.." I am so heartbroken, because its moved even farther away from the Jesus that is and lives. I can't go back there anymore!

    Thanks G.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God bless you, G. It's like Satan has stolen true worship, isn't it? And since he apparently was once the leader of worship in heaven, and he wants the worship for himself, it makes sense. I think if we want to enter into God's intimate presence in true worship, we're going to have to do it in our own private prayer closets. I don't know that there's a church anywhere doing it His way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I try to remember to praise/worship God. I think sometimes I get so focused on praying for things in my life, for the salvation of others, etc, that I honestly forget to praise/worship Him. Ugh. I want to be better in this area. :(

    Thanks for the word of encouragement to keep pressing through.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me too, Hope! Our lives are busy. I'm so glad He reminds us over and over to return to Him! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Link to a video I posted on YouTube recently about true worship, for anyone who's interested:

    http://youtu.be/Mdi7rnCkom8

    ReplyDelete