Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My Bride is Indifferent to Me

Recently, the Lord told me to study the Bride. I was reading a scripture from Jeremiah and I was two lines into it when He began giving me the message that followed, which He added to over the days that followed.

Jeremiah 33:11: The voice of joy, and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom, and the voice of the bride, the voice of them that shall say, Praise the LORD of hosts: for the LORD is good; for his mercy endureth for ever: and of them that shall bring the sacrifice of praise into the house of the LORD. For I will cause to return the captivity of the land, as at the first, saith the LORD.
  
Can the bride think of anything but her groom? Yet you think of many things that do not include Me, saith the Lord.

Where are My devoted ones, My set-apart ones who hunger for My presence? (I felt deep sadness and grief) Where are those who long after and watch for My return?

Where is the worship due My holy name? Where are My worshipers? Why do they sing songs of praise to the world and not to Me? (terrible grief in His voice)

Why, after all I do for you, do you chase after other gods, other lovers? Why is it you will bow to the opinions and desires of those around you and not bow before Me?

Am I not worthy of your praise? Your worship? Your devotion? Is there not honor due My holy name?

As I began to pray about what He was saying, the Lord showed me a vision of a stain covered, filthy bride. She was trashy looking, not beautiful and virtuous looking like you expect a bride to be. She would stop along the way to wherever she was going, distracted by the least little thing, and laugh loudly at it. Jesus passed by her and she didn't even notice the grief stricken look on His face. It was as if she didn't even see Him.

You see the dirty, stained condition of My bride. She is stained with the filth of the world around her. I desire for My bride to come aside with Me, but she tarries in the world instead. (I sensed the Lord had some anger at the bride's unfaithfulness)

My bride is indifferent to Me.

In soon times to come, she shall realize the gravity of the err of her ways. She will seek Me and cry out for Me in her distress - then she will let Me wash her clean in the water of My holy word.
Only then will she truly see her great need of Me. For now she is content with her lover the world, but then she shall long for Me, she shall long for My presence. She will long to feel the security of My love and she will truly seek Me then.

How I long for you, My bride! How I long to hold you near Me, safe from all that is coming, but you would not.

Those who seek Me early shall find Me. Those who wait shall know great distress, for many shall perish in a short amount of time.

When there is nothing left for her to cling to but My word, then will she enter in with Me. My bride abides in the world, not in Me, where I desire she would be found. In Me she will find safety. In Me she will find all her needs met in My endless supply. In Me she can take refuge, but her eyes are on another, on the world, and she is polluted with gazing at evil and corruption. (I thought of how gazing at worldly television programs and movies and news reports does this to us - it fills our minds with murder and corruption and keeps our mind off of Him and His word)

Come out of the world, My beloved. Run to Me and be safe in My arms! Run to Me where I can protect you from what is coming.

My bride must ready herself for My return. She must wash herself clean in My holy word. She must turn away from the ways of this world and cling to Me.

NOTE: I asked the Lord why He said at first He would wash the bride and then He said she must wash herself and He showed me it is Him washing her through His word either way. Some of the bride will submit now and begin to clean herself up through the water of His word. Some will come to Him later in desperation and be cleansed as He leads them into His word and washes them. Either way, it is His power and His word that does the washing. We do the submitting - we submit by being willing to change and be changed by the truth of His word.

Prov. 8:17: I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.

Jer. 3:1: They say, If a man put away his wife, and she go from him, and become another man's, shall he return unto her again? shall not that land be greatly polluted? but thou hast played the harlot with many lovers; yet return again to me, saith the LORD.

Jer. 29:13: And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

11 comments:

  1. Glynda... This is such a beautiful message it made my heart smile because of the love I have for my Heavenly Father and our Saviour. Knowing, that is all he wants from us and that he gets very little. Few are truly washed and waiting impatiently for the marriage. Most "are" indifferent and are not wanting to give up their worldly lusts. They cling to their shiney possessions while turning their backs to truths of how God's plan is unfolding before their very eyes. Thank God for those who assemble here to be the watchmen and the refreshing virgin bride for Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep asking the Father for more of Him. I get so busy and distracted with our children and house chores. I have stopped watching secular tv programs, but when I watch the news or read some headline news online, I feel defiled and heavy afterwards. A distance from His presence that I don't want. I'm feeling called to fast more and more to cleanse my soul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Glynda for explaining what the Word of God does.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I read messages from God such as yours my heart is sad that so many churches here in the US are not sensitive to what the voice of the Holy Spirit is saying. But the Bible speaks of a "remnant," only a "few" finding the narrow way leading to Life (Matt. 7:14). God bless you, sister, for being one of those sensitive to His Word.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Glynda, good word, thank you Lord! Many Christians today only know Jesus in Word. I know this because I was one of them !My life as a so called "believer" was filled with worldly cares and pleasures. I wasn't focused on doing the will of the Father but on the will of my flesh or the father of this world. I still battle with the consequences of having knowledge of the Lord yet living after my lusts. I have repented but it was definitely not worth it! The longer we stay "in agreement with the world" as a believer the more scarred and seared we become! It's only by God's grace that we can be set free after that. I knew Jesus in my mind but I didn't know him in my heart. What little that was revealed me to me when I first came to him was quickly extinguished by my disobedience and wading into the filth of this world. When Jesus rose from the dead even some that knew him well before did not recognize Jesus at first.

    Luke 24:15 And it came to pass, while they communed and questioned together, that Jesus himself drew near, and went with them. Luke 24:16 But their eyes were holden that they should not know him.


    The Lord will reveal himself to us if we give him everything and believe by faith that he will. Jesus is the one who chooses who to reveal himself to by the direction of the Father.

    John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father that sent me draw him: and I will raise him up in the last day.

    Like the word Glynda shared says, we need to come out of the world and submit ourselves completely to the Lord (mind, will and emotions). This is true love! If we seek the Lord diligently he will reveal himself to us but only if we are serious.

    John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father that sent me draw him: and I will raise him up in the last day.

    That seeking of him is in sackcloth and ashes,in humility and not in the riches and cares of this world. I pray that we would all be set free from the world and our past! Please pray for me to be completely restored after all the damage that was done from my past disobedience! Lord please help us all to be prepared as the bride of Christ and not to be found wanting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen Glynda thank you for this Word from the Lord. So true . . . The Lord has been pulling me into a relationship with Him for the last couple years He has recently taught me a lot about praise and has changed my life in that area but He is still working on worship in me. I very much desire to be part of the bride also. Anna Roundtree has a good book on the bride.

    These messages are a blessing to me and I am thankful to see the Lord giving you so many powerful prophetic words from Him because they are so needful in these last day and I need them. God bless you.

    Ray

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glynda this is how I have felt. Even Christians are lovers of the world and its treasures which are soon to pass away. Even harry potter that I have warned again and again is of the devil to Christians who dont want to listen. I still have a long ways to with my heart to be right with the Lord. I have been acting like an angry Jonah even cursing, under my breath or in my mind, at those who are ignoring the signs and continuing on in sin, hurting others and love of the world. I know this is wrong and I have to get my frustration under control. So please pray for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are in a time now where the Lord is offering His grace for deliverance. Many may know Him by many names, but not as the true Deliverer. Deliverance brings healing in the areas that we do not see for ourselves...but God does when He reveals to us, by His Spirit, what is necessary to change in order to be more like Him...His character. Deliverance is part of our salvation...a very important part because it removes what is not of Him and replaces it with more of Him, His Spirit, 1John 1:5-7. The reason much of His church, or Bride are indiffernt to Him is because they are indifferent to His leading or His ways because they still have undealt with darkness within them. Jesus is the Light, and He came to reveal the darkness, so that we may be saved (Ps.36:9, Job 12:22, Matt. 10:26, 1 Cor. 3:13). We all must be willing to allow the Holy Spirit to reveal the darkness in us, and act with the Lord on how to go about our deliverance, so that it may be completed through and through.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A well needed word for today"" The Lord is preparing his Bride for the wedding ceremony that is to come.. Do we know when? Some seem to think so.. But the Lord informed us that we will not know the time, but told us to watch for him with a Holy life, by living like there's no tomorrow.. We will know by the signs of the times when the time is near.




    Lu 12:35-40 Let your loins be girded about, and your lights burning;
    And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately.
    Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.
    And if he shall come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants.
    And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through.
    Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Glynda,

    Two things tonight, if I may.

    1. I can relate to some of the struggles that Fox Mulder is expressing. Sometimes, I am discouraged b/c I ask God TO deliver me from certain things in my life and it seems as if I then struggle in being delivered MORE. Grrr. I actually doubted my own salvation for a period of the afternoon today and when I read Fox's note, followed up by John's, I asked God again how to be delivered and I felt directed towards the book "Rewriting your emotional script" by Becky Harling.

    2. Glynda, I wanted to leave you some encouragement this evening. (Not that you yourself are struggling..) But I listened to the part 2 of short video series on Shekinah TOday Ministries and it brought tears to my eyes in several spots. It moved me and I thought to myself that YOU are truly being led by God as the words you've been sharing with us line up with what they feel God telling them...and they with you.

    Please don't stop. However weary you might feel at times. One thing they said was they felt God saying He has asked several people to cry out and declare His warnings, but only a few are, as the others are too worried about losing their own ministry/reputation for God. Blessings to you.

    http://shekinahtoday.org/home.htm

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope, Thank you so much for that message of encouragement. I cannot tell you how many times the spirit of discouragement has attacked me recently. The schedule I am keeping right now is overwhelming at times and my desire to try to help as many people as possible in what little spare time I do have causes it to be even worse. Thank you, Hope, from the bottom of my heart, for reminding me that each one of us who sounds the warning can and does make a difference and we have to keep moving forward, one day at a time. Blessings to you, Sis!

    ReplyDelete