Thursday, January 12, 2012

Be Not Puffed Up

I  had been praying to the Lord about the grief I feel seeing so many Christians slandering and attacking other Christians, and asking Him if He had anything to say to His people on tonight's Blog Talk show when He spoke this to me this evening.

I want to talk to My people about the attacks on other Christians. My people are called to walk in love, yet many of you think nothing of attacking My prophets, apostles, handmaidens and servants. Do you not know I see your heart as you do this? Do you think I approve of your vicious attacks? Do you not see the damage you are doing to My body?

My people, the time has come for you to lay down the arms you have taken up against one another and use your weapons against the enemy of your souls. My people are busy fighting each other and I desire they would fight the enemy instead.

Why do you waste time arguing doctrine while my lambs go unfed? (I could hear His anger when He said that!) Why do you waste time pridefully believing you know all there is to know about My word when you know nothing about love and walking in My ways? Is it more desirous that you know My word or you walk in My ways?

My children, stop arguing amongst yourselves. You live in a fallen world. You live amongst those who have been deceived by the enemy. You lie among the lost, the walking dead. Waste no more time jostling with each other. I desire you would reach out to the lost and hurting world around you in My love. I desire you would see the pain you have caused My little ones in the harshness of your words for I do not consider it a small thing when you hurt one of My little ones. (I saw in this He meant those who have not grown much in the word yet.)

I say lay down your arms against other believers today or you shall face My judgment in these matters You shall face consequences in your own lives for the destruction you are causing with the harshness of your words. (I saw that the Lord meant judgment NOW, not later - a reaping NOW of what is being sown.)

Be not puffed up in your knowledge of My word but walk in My ways and be a light in the lost and dying world in which you live. Be not a clanging cymbal in the ears of men, but a sweet savor of love to Me instead. Do not go about sowing strife and calling it My work, for did I not say in My word where strife and envying is there will be also every evil work? Why then do you think you do My work when you sow strife among your brethren?

You err in pridefulness, My children. My face is against you in these matters and you bring judgment upon your heads as you do them. Repent and turn from this wickedness. Repent and love the brethren as I have instructed you in My word.

John 13:35: By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

John 21:15: So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.

I Peter 3:8: Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous:

Matthew 18:11: For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.

I Corinthians 13:4: Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

I Peter 3:12: For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.

Psalm 105:15: Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm.

Proverbs 6:16-19: These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: (17) A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, (18) An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, (19) A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Proverbs 8:13: The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

Proverbs 16:18: Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

I Corinthians 13:1: Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

You can download this word with my comments in MP3 format on my Blog Talk Radio Show page here: 

8 comments:

  1. This is a serious word from the Lord. We must not attack eachother in any way. I thank the Lord Glynda for everything that the Lord has given to you. God Bless you alway's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - check out this video just posted by my friend - she had this vision TWO YEARS AGO, yall!!

    http://youtu.be/AR_d_vs1zOc

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the message Glynda =).

    When I read 'Be not puffed up in your knowledge of My word but walk in My ways and be a light in the lost and dying world in which you live.' it reminded me of a few Bible verses that came up when I was in a discussion the other day having to do with being a light in the world, and so I wanted to share those verses with everyone:

    Mathew 5:14-16:

    You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

    http://bible.cc/matthew/5-16.htm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eric - Thank you for adding those scriptures! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we all should study 1 and 2 timothy about the difference between contending for the faith and vain babblings.
    We do need to reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering having a love for the truth.
    However we do deal with each other as brothers and sisters.
    I ask Father for mercy, and I ask that the Holy Spirit teach us the difference between the two. Our heart shall be judged.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It just goes to show why pride is such a grievous sin and one we too easily dismiss in the church. Not onyl may we think we are better than someone else or others, but we feel justified in our attacks/slander, continued cruelty and the like along with the judgments. We woudl be truly stunned if we saw just how much an abomination that is to God--the antithesis of Christianity and having the Lord's heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. In my early days of being a beliver I was extreemely judgemental (youthful zeal) as I have gotten older. when I see things I try to pray rather than criticize right away. I see things and I shake my head but I have to remember Yah was and continues to be long suffereing with me. We do need balnace and not go from one extreeme to another. We cannot go around condeming people to hell for sneezing in church but at the same time wink at serious situations that need to be addressed like teens having sex in the bathroom during wed night serivce. (That happened in a church I attended in the 90's).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Demita - Very good point and very well said!

    ReplyDelete