Monday, April 6, 2015

Striving

My people are striving, but not for intimacy with Me.

You are striving for things in the earth, My children, and all you need desire is Me, for then shall all those things be added to you.

Only this is truly needful: Love the Lord your God with all your heart, your soul and your mind.

Cast those other burdens on Me, and strive to know Me through My Word, and I will cause the rest to come to you.

Matthew 6:33: But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Matthew 22:37: Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

1 Peter 5:7:  Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Luke 10:42: But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.


4 comments:

  1. Glynda I love hearing the word of the LORD it makes me smile

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so true. We as heirs of the kingdom don't trust and believe completely that Our Heavenly Father will supply all our needs. We pray and give it to God then hours after we start worrying about it which is taking it out of His hands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We as God's people worry about things especially bills after we pray and leave it in His hands. That's an example of not trusting Him completely. When we stand on His Word trusting and believing Him then God moves because of our faith and complete trust. Instead of seeking His will in our daily lives we try to do things on our own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you.

    This is an important reminder. This word helped me realize which focus to concentrate on this week. Instead of first focusing on pursuing a job opportunity that may bring me money and approval...I am focusing on friendship and studying. On Resurrection Sunday God used the front page of the newspaper to remind me to "Seek first the Kingdom", but I really appreciate having confirmation because I was being double minded about it...and kept praying about what to do first long after I had the answer.

    I don't see a lot of people seeking the Kingdom first..and I sometimes complain and have to stop myself. I have strong conviction about seeking the Kingdom first...it caused me to step away from people I've spoken to for years. One girl had been agitating me for a long time, and whenever I would speak about trusting God for goodness she would lash back at me saying I was being unrealistic. She was very pessimistic and I would often feel angry and upset after talking with her. She and a few other friends would also talk down to me and tease me about my personality. When I realized all we ever did was idle talk, and that she could not take love and hope seriously, I had to let go.I would say hi if I ran into her, but being friends with her (and some others) is something I've never been at peace about. This was hard because I'm still in the beginning stages of the friendships I am at peace about, but I'm glad because it helped me draw closer to God and have a little more peace with my family. I hope that I've helped someone by sharing my experience.

    ReplyDelete