You have not been careful to keep strife out of your homes. Rebellion abounds with much anger and division. Do you think this pleases Me? Do you think My Spirit can abide amongst evil?
I have told you a good man will keep order in his home. Why have My people ignored My commands and instructions? Why do you turn from My ways?
My children, where strife abounds, every evil work is allowed to dwell also. Do you wonder then why your children go astray? Why your unions fall apart? Yet you yourself have fostered this strife.
Repent, and turn from your anger. Repent, and turn from your jealousy and cleanse your home of strife that My Spirit may dwell there with you.
- 9 Be not hasty in thy spirit to be angry: for anger resteth in the bosom of fools.
- 10 Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
- 11 Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?
- 12 Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.
- 13 Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.
- 14 But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.
- 15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.
- 16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.
- 17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.
1 Timothy 3:2-5
- 2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;
- 3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;
- 4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;
- 5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?) (NOTE: I did NOT bold this verse, it is unbolded on my original copy that I copied this text from. I tried to unbold it and it refuses. None of the other verses did this, so it must be the Lord wants this to really stand out to someone. I'm leaving it alone.)
1 Corinthians 13:4-6
- 4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
- 5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
- 6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
- 14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
- 15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.