Some of My children are properly preparing for what is coming. You seek to go higher with Me. You seek a closer walk. This is My desire for all of My children.
In order to go higher with Me, you must desire for My Word to abide in you. You must desire to live as My Word says to live. You must desire to know and do My Will in all things. There is always a cost in doing My Will, but there is also reward.
You cannot do these things your way. There is only My Way in this. Most of My Children do not desire Me enough to make sacrifices to have more of Me. They prefer their worldly comforts and worldly ways and they never reach higher than a level of superficial comfort in their closeness.
A chosen few draw closer, even as My Refining Fire burns away all that is not of Me from their lives. These are the ones who walk in My Power. These are the ones who hear My Voice and receive My Corrections gladly.
Which one are you?
- 7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
1 Thessalonians 4:3-4
- 3 For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:
- 4 That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour;
- 19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
- 4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
- 23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.
- 24 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.
- 25 For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away?
- 38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
- 9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
- 10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.
- 11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.