Slow down. Make a conscious effort to slow down. Don’t rush off into your day after your prayer, but wait in My presence, for I am there. I am listening intently to every word you pray.
Slow down. You are missing the beauty I created all around you that soon will not be there (because of the judgments that are coming). I have given you the gift of nature to soothe your soul, but you miss it when you rush by so fast.
What do you hurry off to so quickly? Is there anything more important than My time with you? All your tasks will still be waiting for you.
Come to Me when you are weary and heavy burdened and I will give you rest.
- 28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
- 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
- 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
- 38 Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain village: and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house.
- 39 And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word.
- 40 But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me.
- 41 And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things:
- 42 But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.