Friday, January 22, 2016

Pruning Away the Old




As you walk this path of learning new things, I am with you. We are pruning away old, offensive mannerisms and rough ways. I am destroying wrong thoughts and attitudes, and walking you up a narrower path into newness of spirit and a new level – a more blessed life. You are becoming more pleasing in My sight as you submit and allow Me to change you. 

(In the spirit, I saw a Father combing big tangles from his child’s hair – it hurt the child, but it would be worth the hurt, and he smiled at the result when he was done.)

Concentrate on submitting fully to My corrections and following as I lead you. Though these changes are, at first, difficult for you, we are retraining these things that do not please Me, and you shall come forth as gold refined as you submit to My leading and walk in My Ways on this path.

This is the way to your destiny, My Child.

Proverbs 3:5-7
5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil.

James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Psalm 66:10  For thou, O God, hast proved us: thou hast tried us, as silver is tried.

Isaiah 48:10  0 Behold, I have refined thee, but not with silver; I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.

1 Peter 1:7  That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

John 15:2  Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

1 comment:

  1. Amen, yet another right on word. The last week I have heard two different preachers preach about pruning. God is speaking the same message to those who are listening. If we are not producing fruit, the pruning is necessary because it will suck the life out of the other branches! Thank you

    ReplyDelete