Thursday, July 28, 2016

A Long Time


Many of My children have waited a long time for the fulfillment of My promises to them.

My precious ones, in My Word the men of old also waited as you now do. Each case was for a reason. If you search My Word you will see the reason why.

Be not weary in well doing while you wait, for I am faithful to fulfill all I have spoken to you!

Galatians 6:9  And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Isaiah 40:31  But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

2 Peter 3:9  The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.


3 comments:

  1. What I love about this post is the end part , what God has spoken , if God speaks to you , YOUR KNOW IT , when I was first called out , one of the first things he told me was about the end time army he is building up , which you posted a few posts ago , he spoke loads to me back then that didn't makes sense , but does now , over past 2-3 years I've had little updates from him , but there is one thing , just one sentence I got from God that I have never repeated and never will , but I got it direct , I was there , no body else , so I'm very very excited about the last part where God says " I am faithful to fullfill all I have spoken to you " I still have to pinch myself at times that this is all coming to pass , HOW AWSOME IS OUR GOD , and how faithful he is to us despite our unfaithfulness , he truly doesn't make mistakes , it's just his ways our not our ways , we simply can't think like him !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Word speaks of the old-timers of our faith, the 'men of old'. We find in Heb 11:1-2, a mention of how the elders, (the old-timers) received a good report, meaning they were in good standing with God. The first verse also speaks to the 'things hoped for' or the promises they WAITED for, often for many years.
    Heb 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
    2 For by it the elders obtained a good report.
    Further down in this chapter we find a notable list of elders who waited for their promises, starting with Able, then Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Sarah, and so on...
    Verse 13 says- These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them… This verse shows us what it means to WAIT IN FAITH for our promises, and these men and women all waited a long time for the fulfillment of their promises... and so we ask why?
    Verses 17-39 shows us that these all waited by faith, and how they obtained their promises by FAITH. And verse 40 begins to speak of the PERFECTING of our faith...
    And so Heb 12:1 goes on to tell us to run our race, our course, with patience. And v2 tells us to look to Jesus who is the author and finisher of our faith, a thing in progress. And so we see that it takes TIME to perfect our faith, while we wait patiently in hope for the promises given to us, and one might also say- even unto the death of our old man… rickwatkins@yahoo.com rick/AK

    ReplyDelete